Tuesday 10 February 2009

Quick Update

The map above is from the Department of Sustainability & Environment (DSE). I think if you click on the picture you might get a bigger view. Or you can click here

I'm about to run out the door to school, however, a few of you have asked to keep updated on our safety with fires still around.

There are two that we're keeping tabs on. I'm not too concerned about them this morning, as the wind is ENE and it rarely comes from the west. Should that change I'll be getting edgy again. One fire to the south east of us is a little closer than it was, but still a safe distance away. The Kinglake/Yea fires have spread down towards Healesville. I think that is the smoke I see over the Ranges. Again, unless the wind comes from the west, we should be fine.

6 comments:

Rel said...

Hey - thinking of you :) See you tonight when you drop off the girls?

Anonymous said...

We here in the USA are praying for you all !Praying for rain.
M <><

Tracy said...

I'll either be dropping off or picking up Rel ~ but yes, you'll see me at some point there! We have usually shared the to & fro with ... another family ;)

Anonymous M, we all very much appreciate your prayers. I know the firefighters would love some good drenching rain. It's been trying today, without success. Lots of grey clouds, but not drops.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Tracy...we are praying for rain for you guys too. God Bless. xx

Tammy said...

Thanks for the update! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted ((hugs)),

Tammy (from FM)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Thanks for keeping us informed, Tracy. I'm glad you're safe. Come on, rain!

frances