Tuesday 17 February 2009

More About Food

It seems I'm on a roll with this particular topic this week! I promise, I've done other things too though. I've found the desk under all the papers. I've met with my fellow Women of Worth. I've been to work. In the midst of all that I manage a couple of hours to dine with a friend over a simple lunch.

Tonight we're having a 'Maggie Meal'. We are having Braised Waxy Potatoes and Herb Crusted Flathead. Without the fennel. I couldn't find any regardless, but I just don't think my adventurous children are quite that adventurous. We'll have carrots and green beans with that I think. I think I've finally made it out of my exhaustion enough to enjoy cooking, even though we got home late.

I'll let you know how they taste, but the smells in my home right now is perfectly delicious. Maggie's recipes are always simple and yet beautiful.

2 comments:

Chookie said...

Maybe it's different in the Barossa, but here in Sydney, fennel bulbs are a spring vegetable and don't appear in tandem with ripe Roma tomatoes. Fish and fennel is a lovely combination, though!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Hope the Flathead turned out! I just love that name ...

frances