Wednesday 4 February 2009

God Moments


I seem to have allowed my day to get slightly hijacked...again. With good purpose, I believe.

You know when you look back over a day ~ or in this case, a morning ~ and you can see God's hand in you being in the very place that you needed to be, whether it was intentional on your part or not? Such was my morning.

I'd organised with the science teacher to sit in on his class with Year 7 first thing this morning. The student I'm working with came to school upset and feeling completely overwhelmed. My heart broke as I watched the struggle and the utter helplessness on that young face. So we went and took a moment outside. I had the time, where the home room teacher couldn't take it. A few sips of water and a little chat made a difference. The assurance of others feeling overwhelmed helped too. By the end of class I even saw a few smiles.

My other moment came in the form of just being there for a staff member who has had her work world turned a 'little' upside down this morning. I was actually able to do something useful as well....but a hug here and there just so she knows that she is supported and cared about goes a long way.

My 3am prayer list grows daily.

5 comments:

Felicity said...

How very wonderful for those people to have you near when needed. Every day I learn more about God and every day I can see his work. :)

Btw, remind me not to pray for him to challenge me again. He seems to answer those prayers!

Tracy said...

Oh yes Felicity...I know all about that LOL. You know what though? You'll look back sometime in the near future and be able to see "Look how God provided for me. Look how much He's grown me. See how He has refined me in this area". It's almost always hard at the time, but the growth and the lessons about God's faithfulness are always worth learning. I don't say this flippantly. I know it from my own walk with God and the places He has taken me.

Sharlotte Hughes said...

I love your blog! From a former special ed paraeducator I understood how just a little bit of positive interaction can change a student's attitude and composure. I am now following your blog and can't wait to read more. :-)

Rel said...

Great to see you are taking God's opportunities to use your gifts, my friend :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm so glad you could be there for that student. God puts us in all sorts of interesting places at just the right time, it seems. I'm glad He could use you to help this poor kid!

frances