Monday 9 February 2009

Menus on Monday


It feels like something that is of a ridiculously inconsequential nature when so many people have lost their homes. And yet, the practicalities of life require attention.

Here's a peek at what will be on our table this week:

Monday: Roast chicken, vegies
Tuesday: ??
Wednesday: Chow Mein (made with rice noddles)
Thursday: Sausage Sizzle at GB (blech)
Friday: Pan fried fish, salad or vegies
Saturday: Quiche, salad
Sunday: Pork & Feta Rissoles, salad, potato wedges

I have no idea what to do on Tuesday. The girls will be out for dinner so it'll just be the 'boys' of the household and myself. I have this insane feeling that I should do something a little bit special for them, but I just can't get past that idea. I'll also only be feeding three instead of five. Quite unusual in our home! If anyone has any ideas for such occasions that you'd like to share, I'd love to hear from you.

***********

This morning Dh told me of the death of the director of a Christian campsite in Marysville. My BIL knew him. I have a friend who is out fighting fires today and another who works for the DSE, who will no doubt be involved as well. The weather may have cooled, but there is still a fair amount of wind. As I drove to school this morning, I could see the smoke on the other side of the Yarra Ranges.

The fires nowhere near over yet and we are still keeping ourselves informed. The fires over the Ranges are ones we are concerned over. I'm just about to find a map and have a look at their position and consider wind directions, for our own safety.

I'm staying close to my computer, the radio...and settle myself to some sewing. I just couldn't concentrate on anything on Saturday!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Do you ever do breakfast for dinner? My boys really enjoy that. Typically we'll have pancakes and bacon. It's easy, it's fun, it seems like a treat (and best of all, my husband is the pancake maker of our family!).

I said it before, but I'll say it again: Keep us posted on what's going on with the fires in your area. I know I'm not your only reader who's very concerned.

Have fun sewing!

frances