Friday 10 July 2009

Taking Stock

I feel a little like I've frittered away these holidays quite lazily, languishing with stitching and favourite DVD's instead of tackling my to-do list. Well, the list in my head that is! The kids have yet another week off, but staff are all back to work for 'Work Break'. So I'm back to it too. The kids will come to school with me for two of the days when the teachers are at a PD day. Then they'll spend two days with their Daddy driving him nuts...umm, I mean to say...helping him at work.

So what have I achieved over the last fortnight amongst my otherwise unproductive moments?
  • Cleaned out the pantry
  • Cleaned out Miss Mischief's wardrobe & gave the clothes away
  • Completed my first Tail Featers Block of the Month
  • Got six meals prepared and stashed away in the freezer
  • Organised a Little Fix-It Man for the dishwasher
  • Got an assessment task completed for school and should have this group of subjects completed next week
  • Emailed off reviews to Rel for two books...and began reading another ;o)
  • Most importantly, I've spent time with some very precious friends this week.
See, when I actually sit down and put pen to paper ~ or in my case, fingers to the keyboard ~ I can see that I've actually been quite productive! If I can get the rest of that one last assessment task completed by the time I go back to work on Tuesday I will be ecstatic.

I'm also beginning to liase with a 'local' church to take on the Facilitator role for their Starting Points program throughout August. The facilitator had organised the program and has found she needs to attend to some health issues so someone needs to step in.

I love Little Jenny Wren's last post about getting things done. Routines really do get things done so much more smoothly than my version of doing things only when it irks me!

1 comment:

Rel said...

And what great reviews they are, too! I just need to find the time to post them ;-)