Monday 13 July 2009

Monday's Menus

Today begins my 'in between' week. I'll return to work tomorrow...kids in tow. The kids don't go back to school until next week so they'll be spending their week playing at 'work'. I'll get them to pick some DVD's and things to take to school and then I think they have plans to 'help' Dad with his office work. Of course, they fully expect that they'll get paid!

I'm trialing the 'Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day' recipe at the moment. We made pizza dough the other night and I've a loaf prooving right now. I also have another lump of dough in the fridge. Once I've baked this loaf I'll decide if the other lump is scroll worthy. If not I'll make some bread dough in the machine as usual, and make scrolls for the kid's lunches for the next couple of days.

Finally, this week's menu has come together:

Monday: Roast chicken & vegies (a hold over from last night)
Tuesday: Sweet & Sour Pork, rice
Wednesday: Lamb rissoles, vegies
Thursday: Soup, sausage rolls
Friday: Ricotta gnocchi with tomato pesto
Saturday: Chicken & mushroom pie, vegies
Sunday: Moussaka

I'm doubling my sweet & sour pork and will deliver half with some rice to friends who arrive home from a hectic couple of days of travel and attending funeral & graveside services.

* * * * * * * * * * *

In the meantime I await the arrival of the Little Fix-It Man who is coming to look at my dishwasher. Dh pressed the button and it worked yesterday. Grrrrrr. I'm still having the man come and see why it didn't work for two days prior!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, just wanted to say thanks for your response to my question on Little Jenny Wrens blog. I love the idea of paying the children for something you would have outsourced anyway. I always feel that I shouldn't have to pay my kids to help out at home but I'd never thought of the idea of paying them to do something I would be prepared to pay someone else to do.
I've also let my menu planning fall by the wayside lately and you have reminded me to get back to it because it's so nice not having to spend all day thinking about what to prepare.
So thanks for your input.

cheers Kate

Tracy said...

Kate, I hope you find what really works for you and your family. It's always good to hear other ideas and pick out the things you want to try out!