Wednesday 1 July 2009

One Stitch at a Time

Miss Mischief is part way through a stitchery and is doing a magnificent job. I forced....errrr....encouraged her to use her own money. She doesn't like to spend paper money, believing that to be a gift in itself. But I promised her this is what money is for ~ spending it on something you absolutely adore. So she bought some threads and a frame and whilst she was doing her choosing I traced the design onto some calico with the lightbox at the shop. She's in little-girl heaven.

Meanwhile, I've finished my stitching from Saturday's Sewing Day. It's very cute. I daresay I shall sew on the borders and frame this, rather than making it into yet another pin-cushion. A girl can only do with so many and I have one that I love and works well already.

Basket of Flowers

I also remembered to ask about Pattern 1 of a 10 part block of the month that I've not-so-patiently been waiting on! Now that the rain has cleared I'm going to nick back and pick up the threads. For all my one and a half boxes of embroidery threads I don't have any of the ones I need! I have, however, done the tracing and ironed on the stabliser fabric. I can't wait to get started. On a day like today perhaps another 'Little House on the Prairie' episode is in order?!

Photobucket

I love Natalie Lymer's designs. A touch of whimsy with a splash of variegated thread here and there seems to catch my attention every time. Why try to resist?

4 comments:

fi said...

Tracy I so agree, her designs are gorgeous!!! I was on her blog the other day and she has this great design of a mum with crazy hair and babies in her pockets and I looked at it and thought 'I so relate' LOL!

I can't wait to see the finished product.

fi said...

Oh, and the flowers in the basket look lovely too! (just forgot to mention that) xo

Tracy said...

I am having a good giggle Fi. Thank you!!!!

Aahhh yes, 'A Mother's Pockets'. Very cute.

Anne said...

Oooh that basket of flowers is very sweet! Maybe after I develop a liitle more patience I can make that...so pretty. :)