Thursday 2 July 2009

Savvy Spending and Fabulous Finds

Over the school holidays I have more time to spend popping on and off the computer for moments here and 1/2 hour there. It's amazing where your clicking can take you, and boy have I found some great things over the last week.

I've mentioned Altered Cutlery just in this last week. Lis is not a prolific poster, but she's a South Australian lass with some great Slow Cooker recipes. I'm about to get into some menu planning so I'm going to be sitting here with her blog in front of me. My new copy of 'Nigella Express' will be dog-eared by the time I'm done too.

Just yesterday I got online out of desperation, looking for the Moda 'Patissiere' range of fabrics. Specifically jelly rolls, honey buns and charm packs so I can make my Tail Feathers quilt. I was feeling a little sad at the idea of not being able to use 'Patissiere' so I went looking for Aussie suppliers. Well...what a site I found. Provincial Patch has a great selection of patchwork and quilting fabric and sells online at a fraction of the price of retail stores or other websites. They use Paypal, or if you're an Aussie, you can send through an email order and pay direct into their bank account. I am excitedly awaiting my shipment to arrive in the next couple of working days. Kerri tells me they had set aside some 'Patissiere' range products just for Natatlie's quilt.

If you're interested in dressing your specific figure shape, the Inside Out Style blog will be a great source of information. I've spent far too long reading back over past posts. What intrigued me most is that Imogen's definition of an hourglass figure comes with two different definitions, actually. There is the X and the 8....depending on whether you carry your weight lower on your thighs, or up on your hips. Imogen is also a fellow Melbournian and willingly answers reader questions on her blog.

When you're reading through an image consultant's blog and she keeps reiterating that one should invest in really good, well-fitted undergarments, it begs the question. What is the right undergarment for me? Ahhhh...as women everywhere know, being fitted is not always all it's cracked up to be. Especially when you go to a professional fitter and even they get it wrong. Yep...I could get onto a rant about this one! A girl could then be forgiven for going on a little virtual shopping tour without the trauma of going to a big shopping centre and having to say "No, I'm just browsing thank you" a million times over. If you're a fan of any of the brands Triumph own (eg. Triumph, Bendon, Lovable, Elle MacPherson etc) then you'll find some significant savings at Indulge Fashion. I'm talking savings of 30%. So if you're an Aussie, again, this might be worth a peek at. I've not used this site...but the savings made me think I would!

What's your favourite online find...for cheap shopping or freebie information and stuff?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Tracy
Thank you - thank you - thank you for the link to Inside Out Style. I've had a quick look and already I'm hooked. Imogen covers so many items of concern I know I'll be spending a lot of time going over old posts.
I agree with you on the bra fitting experts getting it wrong and they all seem to recommend very expensive undies.
Take care
Cathy

Tracy said...

I'm glad you're finding it useful. I love all the information there too. I'm still a bit mind boggled by all I've read LOL.

I ignore the undies sales pitch. I know what I like and what suits me and I just stick with that. Especially after I've bled money to pay for bras!

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately not all lingerie fitters are as good as each other, like anything in life I guess. If in Melbourne and a D cup or above I'd recommend www.bravalingerie.com.au as a place to start.