Monday 27 July 2009

Monday's Menu Plan

I feel completely zonked. A busy weekend and a full-on day at school makes for one very tired me. At this rate I'll be lucky to see the full two hours of 'Sea Patrol' tonight!

Tomorrow night dinner is being made for me by the mother of my little Prep student. I feel so loved and appreciated! And I will feel that in spades tomorrow night when I don't need to cook o:) So, my menu plan has changed a little bit for this week, since I planned it. Well, that seems to be quite normal, actually. I always highlight the changes I make and my plan always looks quite colourful at the end of the month!

This week (at the moment!) is looking like this:

Monday: Pork chops with apple & celery, vegies, potato
Tuesday: Whatever is handed to me tomorrow after school :)
Wednesday: Lamb with Mushrooms and Potatoes, beans, carrots (CP meal)
Thursday: Meat pie, vegies, potato (pie is the freezer)
Friday: Herbed ricotta fritters, vegies, potato
Saturday: Pasta and vegie sauce
Sunday: Mrs R's vegie soup, sausage rolls

Actually, I might yet swap Friday and Saturday, as I'll be out for dinner Friday night and I would rather eat the ricotta meal than the pasta one.

I tried a new recipe in the crockpot on Saturday. There is nothing more wonderful than walking in the door at 6pm and having dinner just nicely cooking away with only mashed potatoes to be made! It was a lamb and vegie casserole with red wine and beef stock in it. Ooohhhh boy was it good. I'll be sharing the recipe tomorrow. It can be made on the stove top or in the oven if you don't have some version of a slow cooker so it's very versatile and absolutely perfect served with the mashed spuds. Dad really missed a winner when he opted to stay at my brother's for dinner that night.

No comments: