Monday 20 July 2009

Mad Monday - Menus and More

First Day. Term 3 begins in just a couple of hours. Lunch boxes are waiting to be filled, children are snatching their last moments of slumber and my mind is swimming with all the little details of the day on either side of the classroom, aka before and after school.

I've a Powerpoint presentation to email to my lecturer. I've books to be finished by Friday and a review to write ASAP (I'm not leaving it a month this time!). We've a family dinner to attend tomorrow night, with Dh's brother and son who flew into Melbourne over the weekend. Dh has a big week at work ahead of him, as do I.

In the back of my mind? Now that I'm there 4 mornings a week I'm on the roster for staff devotions. ARRHHHH!!! What does a far less education Mum have to share with a bunch of university degreed people? I'll let you know when I figure it out LOL. I have also got a Starting Points program to prepare for. This term is going to be a wild ride in many ways. The weeks ahead are filled with different events and happenings.

This weekend, I did manage to finish out the month on my menu plan and even began next month. I keep trying to figure out what will be fast, healthy, unfussy and yet absolutely delicious and not boring!

Here's what I've come up with this week:

Monday: Singapore Noodles
Tuesday: Out for dinner
Wednesday: Polenta Parmesan Chicken, vegies
Thursday: Lasagna (from the freezer), garlic bread, salad
Friday: Ricotta Gnocchi (a hold over from last week)
Saturday: Lamb with rosemary & vegies (crockpot)
Sunday: Ants climbing trees or soup

3 comments:

Joy McD said...

You don't need a degree to lead a devotion :) I know you will do fine - just share from your heart.
Have a great week, it sounds very busy!!
lv,
Joy

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Tracy, I know you'll do a great job. Just breathe deep and plunge in!

Sounds like a busy week--not surprised to see you're getting your crockpot out. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

frances

Tracy said...

Thanks gals. I have to keep reminding myself of this!!!