Saturday 4 July 2009

The Obsessed Stitcher & Her Mobile Phone

Photobucket

I feel like I need to apologise for the amount of Stitching I've been babbling about this past week! But take a look at that picture...isn't my obsession warranted? OK, maybe don't answer that. I think it's warranted. Tail Feathers has me desperate to get back to it and now that two of the three pieces are done I just sit and stare at them with a great deal of pleasure. I love them. Acutally, what really gets me is that scalloped edge around the tree. I could just look at that all day long LOL. I'm awaiting a parcel of fabric to do the applique on the 3rd piece and then create the full block.

But then there is this little pile..and the picture only shows part of it. But you get the idea. At the end of the couch there is this growing little pile of stuff, so that I don't have to get up too often once I've committed to a bit more time stitching! I think this is most evidenced by the mug (my favourite, from Retreat back in April) and the two phones! Dh was away Thursday night up in northern Victoria, so where I would normally ignore the mobile, it joined my pile too.

* * * * * * * * * *

In an attempt to be more interesting to the non-stitching world, I discovered a new trick to get more life out of my mobile phone battery. It had gone from lasting a week to lasting barely 2 days, so it has been constantly dying on me. Very frustrating. This began happening after I had been charging the phone and it had not fully charged before Dh unplugged it to charge his own phone. I've always been very careful to fully drain my battery and then fully recharge it to keep the longest battery life possible....even though they say the new types of batteries don't have a memory. I'm here to tell you, they're wrong.

When I was at my BIL's the other day, one of his employees suggested that I should drain the battery (easy done!), take it out and place it in a plastic bag (or wrap it in cling wrap, as I did) and put it in the freezer overnight. Apparently this erases the empty-full memory that it has and allows you to fully charge it again.

I did this Thursday night and charged it back up yesterday morning. I still have a full battery!!! I am in hope that it has indeed worked. I'll let you know.

No comments: