Thursday 1 October 2009

Weekly Menu Plan

Yesterday, despite being out and about all day, I managed to get a little bit ahead on my menu plan for October. It is nowhere near completed just yet, but I'm sure as the day meanders on it will come to me, one morsel at a time.

Thursday: Sloppy Joe's, salad
Friday: Baked Potatoes, coleslaw, bacon, cheese....etc
Saturday: Chicken Wraps, by request of the birthday girl
Sunday: Roast
Monday: Sweet & Sour pork meatballs, rice
Tuesday: Honey Mustard Chicken, vegies
Wednesday: Baked Gnocchi with roasted tomatoes
Thursday: Pasta with caramelised onion

I'm on a bit of an American cuisine adventure at the moment, thanks to receiving a copy of 'The Potluck Club Cookbook' to review. I've made two recipes from the book, for which you will find a review here at Relz Reviewz. Sloppy Joe's seem to be quintessentially American. So I will be road-testing the recipe in the book tonight. If my local (and terribly understocked) Safeway has the ingredients I'd also like to try the Ambrosia salad....for dessert. I get the impression that this is a dish served with a main meal in some places, and yet the authors of this book place it in the dessert section. This Aussie gal and her taste buds concur that such a sweet salad deserves a place amongst the desserts!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love that you're cooking American dishes and can't wait for a full report. Ambrosia ... yum! That seems to me a particularly southern dish (the part of the U.S. I'm from). I hope you enjoy it!

frances