Wednesday 7 October 2009

God is Sovereign

I had some news at school today. I'm feeling a little bit sad, and when I feel like that I turn to the Psalms to soothe my wounds. This is where I found myself this afternoon.

Trust in the Lord and go good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will
give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Psalm 37:3-7
(emphasis mine)

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm sorry that something happened that left you feeling wounded. I'll keep you my prayers, Tracy.

frances