Saturday 10 October 2009

Home Corner

Photobucket

Today I'm unveiling the Home and Reading Corner. This little alcove space used to be where we would sit for 'mat time'. We had our little whiteboard, show and tell table and Star of the Day chair in here. But I like it much better like this. The kids love getting into that little reading nook. The other day so many of them were trying to squish in that I had to ask them to start sitting at the table right behind where I was standing to take this picture.

Doesn't this corner make you want to run straight to the kitchen and have a really good play?! Or snuggle up on those big fat cushions with a good book. Something like 'Olga the Brolga' or 'Eddie the Emu'....perhaps some Dr Suess...

I love our new sitting spot too...where all this stuff used to be. It's so light over the other side of the room, with high-up windows letting in heaps of natural light.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

What a lovely spot! It looks inviting and comforting.

frances

Tracy said...

That corner still makes me feel happy LOL.