Thursday 15 October 2009

The Helter Skelter at Our Place

I realised I haven't posted much this week. You know what? I go to post something and stare at a blank screen and end up walking away again. What have I to say, when I've had little time to think a leisurely thought, let alone something post-worthy?!

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with petty ramblings today.
  • Mr Busy is front and centre on page 3 of the school newsletter in all his chefly glory. Cute boy that. I should take him home to live with me! And he cooks. What more could a mother want?!
  • Our Secondary school is having a 'Soiree' tonight. Musical, artistic, creative entertainment and performances. I've got someone else's secondary daughter here and her family have Miss Mischief for the evening....Girls Brigade and assessment weighted performances just don't mix! We have a swap to do later on tonight. Should've thought further....we could just done a sleepover swap. Now why didn't I think of that before now?!
  • My pace-y reading of 'Michal' this week is on track. I'm taking over the running of Book Club for the evening tomorrow so that Rel can spend some time with her extended family. I'm loving the book ~ Biblical Fiction is always a sure favourite for me and this one is no different. I just need to get it finished before we meet LOL.
  • My College work is going well. Today my Prep boy and I played a maths game I had to create. I went without a hitch and he loved it. What 6yo wouldn't want to get as many hoppy frogs into a pond. The fact that he won sweetened his opinion of my creation.
Dinner is on the boil, so I need to go and finish off before we can get going this evening!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm so glad your Prep boy liked your game! Back when I was teaching, it was so frustrating when lesson plans I'd prepared didn't work out or elicit the response I'd intended. But when they did--joy!

frances