Thursday 1 October 2009

The Potluck Club Cookbook


I realised I had neglected to post that my review of 'The Potluck Club Cookbook' has been posted here at Relz Reviewz. If you're curious about what American's enjoy eating, this book will be just the ticket to beginning your own tasty adventure into their cuisine. We'll be continuing the journey I began while preparing to review the book during this coming week.

FYI: If you're an Aussie (or not from the US), you might need to know a couple of things:

a stick of butter = 113g (I used 125g)
tomato sauce = pasta sauce
cornstarch = cornflour
ground chuck = minced beef
whipped topping = a fake whipped cream-like product. You can find a recipe to make it here or just whip your own cream.
yellow cake mix = plain cake mix

And then there are products that I've just not seen over here...like tinned pumpkin for use in pumpkin pie or tinned pork and beans

5 comments:

Tracy Bentley said...

Hey Tracy ,

I received my cookbook and it is absolutley wonderful. I did not realize how much we eat so much alike.

yours is on the way. Hope you enjoy it.

Tracy said...

I'm glad it arrived safely. Enjoy working your way through it!!!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

No canned pumpkin? But how do you make pumpkin pie? From real pumpkin? Heavens forbid!

Okay, just kidding. But I will say that canned pumpkin really comes in handy, especially for pumpkin muffins, which my kids love. If you ever need some pumpkin in a can, let me know and I'll send you some!

frances

Tracy said...

LOL. I think I'll stick with the fresh stuff. But if we ever make it to the States, it'll be something I try there.

Angela said...

Great review
I think Frances could set up a whole industry just mailing cans of pumpkin round the world to you Aussies and us Brits who can't buy it in their shops!

thanks for the conversion chart - I usually use 4oz when it says a stick of butter.