Sunday 25 October 2009

"Julie & Julia"

What could be better after an afternoon of mini-golfing, than to follow up with an evening out with your bestest girlfriends? Not much, I'd wager.

Last night my girlfriends and I had dinner together and then headed off to see 'Julie & Julia'. I loved it. It was about cooking, after all...what's not to love?! It was humourous and touching, delicious and true-to-life with moments of despair and then triumph. Meryl Streep does a marvellous job of imitating the real Julia Child. I had to watch a You Tube clip, just to be sure. Her performance had touches of Dame Edna Everidge though!!!!

I have another food-loving friend who mentioned she wanted to see this....I think I'll have to go with her and see it again. You know...just in case I missed something the first time round :)

You should go and see it too.

9 comments:

Angela said...

I loved it too! MS is BRILLIANT - and the food looks so tasty.

Deb said...

This is on my gonna see list I have only heard good reviews

Tracy said...

Welcome Debbie and make haste. I know you'll love the movie as much as I did.

Kez said...

I definitely want to see that!

las said...

I went to see it during the school holidays - sent the kids off to their movie and sat by myself in a theatre with about 6 people to watch it. I loved it - i cried when it finished and i wanted to watch it again straight away, Meryl was incredible to watch and made you feel so close to her triumphs, like she is someone you actually know. Can't wait to see it again - but possibly have to wait till DVD release.

Rel said...

A lovely night, as usual :) So what movie is next????!

Tracy said...

I don't know...there must be something worthy of our time and money, surely.

If not, perhaps we should have an author-inspired banquet and have ourselves a meal from all those wonderful author's recipes you've been posting....and then just talk, and talk....and talk.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I loved it, too. Didn't it make you want to cook--and eat?!

frances

Tracy said...

YES!!!! My Prep teacher colleague said it inspired here. As we chatted we decided the only thing good Aussie gals could do would be to cook through a Stephanie Alexander book....like her Kitchen Garden book, for example.

I determined she should do the baking and I should do the savoury stuff. Our husbands would swap homes for seemingly greener pastures though!