Tuesday 6 October 2009

Very Satisfying

I came home feeling quite satisfied last night. I created literacy group names and whiteboard labels, to fit in with our Middle Ages theme....there are bakers, millers, farmers, carpenters and blacksmiths. I was also tasked with the job of switching the home corner and mat area and creating a reading nook. I love how it has turned out. Of course, with these kinds of moves, a little table moving was required and I found somewhere to put the four spare tables so they are useful AND managed to keep wheelchair access throughout the room as well.

I'll have to take a photo of the home corner and reading nook because I just want to nestle myself in over there and stay a while. The home corner even has a window above its kitchen sink....looking out at the blossom trees which are flowering beautifully. What more could little people want?! We decided that if the two of us wanted to play in there, then the kids would love it as well.

Today, it appears I will be putting my sewing skills to use, making a very simple cape/robe type of garment for the King or Queen of the Day to wear....and some cushion covers for the new-to-us cushions that MrsB brought in yesterday.

On the study front, I've been inspecting my practical placement information more closely and have discovered that the mountain I thought was before me was just a little bump beneath my feet. I've actually already done everything I needed to do and can have it all signed off today! I confirmed the ability to provide information retrospectively and there is no problem at all with doing that. YAY! There are a couple of tasks I need to perform for and with a student, which I'm sure will be no problem, given the variety I have to choose from!

3 comments:

Rel said...

Well done :)

Now, I'm sure you will be able to fit in two extra reviews over the next couple of months ;-)

Tracy said...

LOL, yes I got those two books on Sunday. I'm looking forward to reading them both!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, I do hope you'll post a photo of the home corner/reading nook. It sounds lovely and relaxing. In fact, I wish I had one.

And yay, indeed! Isn't that a great feeling when you find out the hill isn't as high as you thought? Wonderful!

frances