Saturday 13 December 2008

Christmas Tradition Quiz

Felicity did this on her blog and I really liked the idea. So, in my newly acquired Christmas spirit, here it goes....

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper. I was given rolls and rolls of the stuff from Mr Busy's Prep teacher. I have a few year's worth to get through.

Real tree or artificial? Artificial. It's more cost effective and environmentally friendly...and less messy.

When do you put up the tree? Any time from the 11th onwards. We follow Dh's Mum's tradition of allowing 'the twins' (dh) to have their birthday before we put it up. Plus, we all need to be home. That's quite an ask at the moment.

Do you like eggnog? I don't know. I don't think I've ever had it.

Favourite gift received as a child? A Baby Alive doll. Oh how I had coveted that doll for ever so long. She was the love of my life until I got to about 11 or 12yo. I got too old and she went mouldy. You gotta love the Tropics! I wish I'd never given her away though.

Hardest person to buy for? My Dh. No hobbies and doesn't read. And when you ask what he wants he says "I don't know".

Easiest person to buy for? My Mum. We have a lot in common.

Do you have a nativity scene? I have three wise men, Joseph and Mary hold the baby Jesus. I'll have to post a photo when I get it out. It's very cute.

Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I've copped out completely. Consequently I get very few, which is not something that bothers me in the slightest.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Some gadget thing the older of my two brothers gave me when I was about 10 or 11yo. I still, to this day, have no idea what it was or what I was meant to be used for. He couldn't tell me either!!!

Favourite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street. The Santa Clause.

When do you start shopping? If I'm smart, in July. If I'm really silly (like this year), about two weeks ago. This year isn't working for me.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so. At least not that I remember.

Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruit mince pies. Real plum pudding boiled in the cloth. Mum's sugar coated peanuts. That is really the ultimate comfort food!

Lights on the tree? Of course!

Favourite Christmas songs? Colin Buchanan's version of 'Who is He in Yonder Stall'. Gets me every time.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are always home for Christmas...our families are both here.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Nope. We don't have Santa in our home. A Christmas stocking yes...but no make believe stuff.

Angel on the tree top, or a star? Angel. It was a toss up but we found an angel we loved first.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning...first thing. Both our families did this. FIL has been known to be up at 5am waking his kids!

Favourite ornament theme or colour? I like gold ~ if I could have a coordinated tree (post child-made decorations) I would have white and gold.

What do you want for Christmas this year? Ducted evaporative cooling....and on a more realistic note, the newly available 'Maggie's Kitchen' recipe book. Because Maggie Beer is my kitchen hero and her recipes are always beautiful, simple and fool proof.

Person most likely to respond to this? Surprise me. I have no idea! But if you do, then leave me a comment so I can enjoy the fun with you!

2 comments:

The Vintage Rose said...

I like sharing about Christmas, this was fun to read I saw it on one other person's blog. I'm gonna try it.

Tracie said...

Hi Tracy,

I have done this quiz and it was fun thank you for posting.

Tracie