Thursday, 13 November 2008

Meet the Newest Family Member

No, I'm not pregnant and we haven't got any pets. Just felt I should point that out right up front!!!!!! No....this new member of our family is purely for my benefit alone. She is already hard at work sporting a partially made dress and surprising the kids continually....no, it's not a real person standing in the corner! She does, however, need a name.


This beautiful lady has come to me thanks to a seemingly insignificant remark during church lunch event a few weeks back. The former owner muttered about having two and wanting to get rid of them. Meanwhile, I had been drooling over new models in Spotlight, deterred by the price. Yesterday I picked her up, paid the meager asking price and took her home. Within an hour she was clothed and I was able to adjust the skirt pleats to suit with the greatest of ease.

So, at tonights school association meeting, I believe the tradies I need to honour would be the seamstresses and tailors of this world, without whom we would have no clothing. My basket of stitching and a tape measure around my shoulders should do the trick quite nicely.

9 comments:

Felicity said...

Oh I drool as well over dressmakers dummies! (Maybe call her DeeDee??). I always tell myself I'll get one when I lose weight.. hehe.

Tracy said...

See that's the good thing...you wind her out and then you can wind her back in ;) In my case, I am on the outer edges and will never be smaller than the inner ones so this particular size model suits me perfectly.

Tina ♥ said...

Wow, that's fab! Isn't it great when things like that happen? I think she would suit the name 'Dolly'! :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I want one of those! I'd never thought of trying to get one used. I'll go check E-Bay right now!

frances

Tracy said...

I'd be interested to see what you find Frances!

The girls and I were tossing around name ideas yesterday. We think maybe Penelope (P-I-nelope, according to Miss Sunshine). I'll see how I feel after mulling it over a bit.

Rel said...

Oh, no - she's a Bertha for sure - ha!

Tracy said...

Dolly!! LOL. Yep, she's a big dolly alright! Could I live with a Bertha?

Still pondering....where is my baby name book....

The Tin House said...

I like "Dolly" too. What great fortune to have one. I'm sure all your sewing will now fit perfectly. Lisa x
p.s. Big congrats on the school award. It never hurts to know your work is appreciated.

Dianne said...

I think her name should be Delilia, that "sexy" dressmakers dummy. Or is she too sexy for that name? LOL!