Here are the rules for this meme:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Here we go...six random things about me:
- I am a trained secretary. I chose that field of work because I was too scared to go to University. I lived not far from Monash Uni and the overwhelming size of the place scared me to death. My high school of 800 kids had me in fits as it was. Had I not have such issues, I might've otherwise been a nurse or a teacher. Many years on I can't fathom the idea of working in an office anymore. I've had too many years of freedom, being my own boss!
- I love to fly. I don't really enjoy little 6 seater Cessna's, but put me on a big plane and I am oh so happy. I love the experience and the procedures of checking in, boarding...in flight safety talks....the food (surprisingly, yes)....I love it all. Then of course there's the destination! That I've had to fly somewhere means it would take too much to drive oh how exciting that would be. I am truly the daughter of someone in the aviation industry.
- I am bi-lingual. Miss Sunshine's teacher is dubious of the fact that there is such a language as Pigin....however, you will find that it is one of the three recognised trade languages of PNG. Over there it is more widely known as 'Tok Pisin'. My children recently requested that I teach them. Grandma thinks that would undermine our ability to have a private conversation in front of the children. Then again, there's a lot to be said for being able to tell your kids off in public without looking like an ogre. I cannot tell you the number of times I got told 'pasim maus' or 'muski' and no one else knew what I was being told.
- I began wearing glasses in Year 10. It was something that only became an issue when re-focusing from the blackboard to the desk. I'd not been in a regular blackboard-using classroom for three years....it was a surprise to me! I've had the same prescription in all these years.
- I am a rule follower. If you're not supposed to do something, I don't...and I get uptight when others do. Take train travel. In Melbourne you're not meant to eat on the train or put your feet on the seats. Do you know how many people did that today????????? So glad I don't do train travel often! Or walking against a red walking signal. And talking on the mobile while driving. GRRRRR I tell you, city people are a bunch of rule breakers LOL. Maybe there's just more people in the city to notice so it's more a per capita thing?
- Going back to travel...I dream of visiting my BIL & his family in the States and I would take a little skip over and visit Europe....France actually. And maybe Switzerland. Yep...put me on a plane to those places and you'll see a very happy little person!