Wednesday 19 November 2008

All Things Random

Dianne has tagged me for a meme to share six random things about myself. I was going to say I love it when a busy day presents me with an easy post where I don't have to think much. I think in this case it's more like, I don't have to come up with the idea....I'm going to have to dig deep. Six random things? Couldn't someone give me a list of what each of the six things needs to cover? I'm great at following rules and instructions! LOL

Here are the rules for this meme:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here we go...six random things about me:
  1. I am a trained secretary. I chose that field of work because I was too scared to go to University. I lived not far from Monash Uni and the overwhelming size of the place scared me to death. My high school of 800 kids had me in fits as it was. Had I not have such issues, I might've otherwise been a nurse or a teacher. Many years on I can't fathom the idea of working in an office anymore. I've had too many years of freedom, being my own boss!

  2. I love to fly. I don't really enjoy little 6 seater Cessna's, but put me on a big plane and I am oh so happy. I love the experience and the procedures of checking in, boarding...in flight safety talks....the food (surprisingly, yes)....I love it all. Then of course there's the destination! That I've had to fly somewhere means it would take too much to drive oh how exciting that would be. I am truly the daughter of someone in the aviation industry.

  3. I am bi-lingual. Miss Sunshine's teacher is dubious of the fact that there is such a language as Pigin....however, you will find that it is one of the three recognised trade languages of PNG. Over there it is more widely known as 'Tok Pisin'. My children recently requested that I teach them. Grandma thinks that would undermine our ability to have a private conversation in front of the children. Then again, there's a lot to be said for being able to tell your kids off in public without looking like an ogre. I cannot tell you the number of times I got told 'pasim maus' or 'muski' and no one else knew what I was being told.

  4. I began wearing glasses in Year 10. It was something that only became an issue when re-focusing from the blackboard to the desk. I'd not been in a regular blackboard-using classroom for three years....it was a surprise to me! I've had the same prescription in all these years.

  5. I am a rule follower. If you're not supposed to do something, I don't...and I get uptight when others do. Take train travel. In Melbourne you're not meant to eat on the train or put your feet on the seats. Do you know how many people did that today????????? So glad I don't do train travel often! Or walking against a red walking signal. And talking on the mobile while driving. GRRRRR I tell you, city people are a bunch of rule breakers LOL. Maybe there's just more people in the city to notice so it's more a per capita thing?

  6. Going back to travel...I dream of visiting my BIL & his family in the States and I would take a little skip over and visit Europe....France actually. And maybe Switzerland. Yep...put me on a plane to those places and you'll see a very happy little person!
If you want to take on Six Random Things about Me, consider yourself tagged....and post a comment to let me know so I can come and take a squiz ;)

7 comments:

Felicity said...

I'll try and come up with 6 things on me.. but I had to comment to tell you that we have 5 out of 6 things in common! I can't speak another language, but I'm supposed to be learning Dutch.. maybe then The Dutch Boy and his parents can't talk about me.. :D

Felicity said...

Righto, I put up my 6 things! It was harder than I thought it would be :)

Tracy said...

I agree...harder than you might imagine. But fun too.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm pretty much a rule follower, too, especially rules that are for the public good (such as not talking on your cell phone while you're driving, as it's akin to driving drunk--that is a huge pet peeve of mine). We're all a bit self-centered, but at some point you've got to realize the world is not your playground where you get to do as you please no matter how it affects others. Grrrrr...

frances

Tracy said...

We could share a soap box I think, Frances!

Dianne said...

Tracy, I'm so glad that you looked on this tag as something easy to do and fun instead of "Oh, no not another tag". That made me feel better about it and I am happy to learn so more things about you then I already knew.

I have enjoyed your posts from the day I first stumbled across your blog and so I find it very neat to see that we have some things in common as well.

I, too, am one who likes to obey the rules and cannot fathom people who seem to break every rule that is presented to them. I can't imagine people who talk on the phone while driving and yet almost every person I meet on the road has a telephone to their ears.

I like traveling and going to new places. I wear glasses and have worn them since age 30. Hearing you describe yourself is like meeting an old friend. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Dianne, I'm glad you were brave and tagged me specifically! These kinds of meme's are fun! It just takes a little 'random thinking' LOL. Like you, I like learning a little bit more about the bloggers I visit often and it DOES feel like meeting an old friend. It's a unique thing isn't it!