Tuesday 16 February 2010

Tiring Tuesday...but fun!


It never ceases to amaze me how entirely productive a day can be outside of the classroom, and how you can bond with students in a very real way. Even the obnoxious adolescent ones! Outside of the classroom those rebellious, self focused children become completely different people. I love that my job offers the opportunity for that kind of bonding...where all the kids hear from their teachers is words of praise and encouragement. All. Day. Long.

Our Year 7 & 8's had an interschool volleyball day, today. A successful, team-spirited day filled with fun, laughs, joy and no pens or pencils. And marvel of marvels, the Year 7 girls won. We rarely win a thing on these types of days, so we were all pretty stoked.

Can I go to bed early tonight? I'm really tired LOL.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I bet the kids are happier the next day in school, too. What a great idea to spend a day outside.

frances

Tracy said...

LOL Frances. I have no idea. I don't work with the secondary kids on a Wednesday!!! I'll have to ask the two teachers and find out.