Sunday 14 February 2010

Perfect Day for a Picnic


It's meant to be Valentine's Day. Did you know that? In the flurry of last minute picnic preparations and getting us all out the door at 8.15am so that I could get to music practice I completely forgot about it. After all...we had more important things to be concerned about. Like getting to church in time for me to pick music for communion!

For us, today was Family Picnic Day at Our School. We gathered on the school oval at 1pm, picnic rugs and food in hand, and enjoyed a sunny afternoon of relaxing together. And I know I said I try to find a new topic of posting....but our picnic included two more recipes from 'Nigella Express'. There, I won't say another word!!!!

My acknowledgement of Valentine's Day? Chocolate Brownies freshly made this morning and still beautifully gooey when we ate them at lunch time.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, go ahead! Tell us what Nigella made for the picnic!

I think Valentine's Day should be an understated occasion. A homecard card, a sweet, and you're good to go. Gooey brownies sounds exactly right!

frances

Tracy said...

I think you're right. Understated is the way to go.

I made buttermilk roast chicken and New Orleans coleslaw....more to the point, the dressing was made with buttermilk and maple syrup among other things and it was the best dressing I've tasted yet.