Monday 15 February 2010

Monday's Menu Plan Rolls Around Again

I always feel bolstered by the realisation that I am not alone in my floppy I've-had-enough-today mode that comes after lunch on warm days. Or even not so warm days. And certainly it comes by the end of a school day if I've managed to get through afternoon classes without feeling so. Mr Busy's teacher had his eyes shut during our staff meeting after school. Were I a braver soul I might've kept him company from my position on the other side of the room!

The day is not yet done, but fun awaits me when I head off to a new fortnightly evening sewing group at the quilt shop. It seemed the perfect compromise to my lack of ability to attend on my preferred Thursday morning. The ladies in the new group are lovely and I enjoyed getting to know them....not to mention the fact that I actually picked up my stitching for the first time since mid December!

Dinner is on its way, with chicken in the oven. A few vegies to go with it and we'll be ready to eat. Do you know, I finally found savoy cabbage in my local Safeway. I was so excited...I'm sure the fruit & veg department man thought me quite silly when I exclaimed over my discovery. Savoy is my preferred variety, especially for coleslaws. Tonight, however, it'll be sauted with bacon and spring onion.

On my table this week, I must confess, lies more Nigella-inspired adventure.

Monday: Honey Sesame Chicken, potatoes, vegies
Tuesday: Peanut Chicken Curry, rice
Wednesday: Chicken Parmigana, potatoes, vegies
Thursday: Sweetcorn chowder, toasted cheese tortillas
Friday: Ricotta Gnocchi & tomato pesto
Saturday: Sloppy Joe's
Sunday: Homemade Pizza

Things to do....

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Nice menu, as always! And I'm checking out a Nigella cookbook from the library this week. I hope you're happy!

I love the image of Mr. Busy's teacher asleep at the meeting.

frances

Tracy said...

Oh I'm happy...I hope you will be too! If it's a different book you'll have to tell me all about it!

I wonder if they'll give me royalties for selling books for her??!