Friday 19 June 2009

Oh Happy Day

The Prep's have been talking about "Monet's Garden",
so I thought this picture was quite appropriate...and very serene.


The sun is shining brilliantly...and I've had time to notice. Woohoo! There's not too much warmth in it, but it's shining nonetheless.

I am jealously hoarding today for myself with a to-do list as long as my arm...all at home. I've bought myself some rye bread and the required wrapping paper and card for the birthday party Mr Busy is attending tonight, but that's it for out-of-the-house til 3.10pm!

So what does a girl do on her first day off all week? Well...because there are minds like mine who are curious to know, this is the list. I don't know how much will actually get done though!
  • Book review for the librarian at school (she only gives me lower primary books cos they're a quick read).
  • Complete a review for Rel. It's been started but I need to finish it.
  • Finish up the money stuff from Retreat. Was that really two months ago? Shame on me. But one of the money men is asking for it because the end of financial year is looming...next week! You can see how much I love dealing with this stuff...the fact that it takes me so long to get it completed.
  • Pick up drum sticks and a practice pad for Mr Busy. I think we'll do that after school so he can come too. I found the little music shop a couple of towns away (ie. 15 minutes) has a great stock of all things drum related.
  • Hem a skirt. It's been sitting on Penelope waiting for me to finish. I've stitched the closure on and pinned up them hem this morning so it's all set to go.
Then....read a book, watch a movie....oooohhhhh I could take a little nana nap. The day stretches before me quite deliciously!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Don't you love it when you have a long stretch of time before you have to leave the house again? One of my favorite times of day is when I pull in the driveway and know I won't have go out again. I hope you've gotten a little bit on your list done, or at least had a chance to relax!

frances

p.s. Moving forward on the drums, are we? You're a brave mom ...