Wednesday 17 June 2009

Ants


You know, we may well end up eating real ants instead of just a meal called 'Ants Climbing Trees'. In our case, it'll be Ants Climbing the Pantry Walls. Ants Climbing the Cupboards. Ants Climbing the bin. Ants Climbing up the Sugar Bowl. Ants Climbing Over the Honey Jar.

It doesn't matter how clean the kitchen is, the ants visit us anyway. I'm hovering somewhere between just let them have their own way and get the pest controller in to spray....otherwise known as giving in or fighting back with a vengence. I think we're going to have to go with having someone come in and do the job because we're getting a bit overwhelmed. They're even in our ensuite. Really, I can promise you we have NO food in there!!!!! It's not about the food, obviously.

I'm keeping the picture above in my mind for now. That ant almost looks cute. Probably because he's only one and not a whole army in my pantry!

7 comments:

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

call, call call for the sprayer to come straight away.

We've just moved into a log cabin and the ants have been here so long that they have now grown wings!

It was a daily battle trying to keep them from falling into the food...3 weeks since the spray they are greatly reduced but the battle wages on.

best of luck!

Rachel said...

Hi! Check out my blog

http://kansascrochetmom.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-award.html

I have given your blog an award :)

Tracy Bentley said...

Ants will not cross oil or powder. If you know where they are coming in at, just take a qtip and wet it with oil and rub it on it. or sprinkle baby powder on the area. I have tryed it and it does work.

Tracy

Tracy said...

I'm laughing at the powder. I think our ants are mutants. Dh uses talc so it's all over the bathroom floor all the time. The ants don't care!

I have no idea where they're coming in though. There's no trails...just ants here and there all over the place.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Where ants are concerned, clean is not enough. You have to bring in the big guns. I hate using pesticides in the house (or anywhere else), but sometimes you've got to teach those critters a lesson.

frances

Rel said...

YOu know we brought in the big guns but that only gave us 6 months respite. Our are back, too :(

Tracy said...

Only six months? That's a bit sad! Although right now I'm thinking even that much would be bliss!