Saturday 20 June 2009

Kreativ Blogger


Rachel from 'Home is Where the Heart Is' has bestowed upon me a very special blogging award. Special to me because I feel quite inadequate when it comes to creativity and I would not have put my blog in the 'creative' category. I mean, I can't even get my head around all those cute freebie backgrounds people are using to make their blogs look pretty!!!! And all my so-called creative vices (aka sewing) are all about following the instructions. I make nothing up off my own bat! So you can see, I feel very blessed to have been chosen as a Kreativ Blogger. Thank you Rachel.

* * * * * * * * *

Frances commented yesterday and asked (and I picture her with a quirked eyebrow as she does so!) 'p.s. Moving forward on the drums, are we? You're a brave mom ...' Yes, it seems we are. He's loving those lessons so very much and he's actually not too bad with his coordination so. I'm still thinking a drum kit should belong in the dungeon or the cubby house but both would need sound proofing. But did you know you can get electonic drum sets that you can plug headphones into?!?! Expensive but I suspect worth it, for the family of a budding but determined drummer! For now he has a practice pad which is just a round rubber topped thing that makes very little noise. We're both very happy.

* * * * * * * * *

You know all those marvellous plans I had for yesterday? I bought the drumsticks and pad and began hemming the skirt. After school pick up. That's it!! The rest of the day I spent at my desk studying. Oh the bliss of silence and no distractions! I had some online exercises to complete and it kind of just went from there. But I'm in a very good place coming into the school holidays. I can finish up the last couple of things I've left, do the two assessment tasks and send it off. All that requires far less concentration than working through the workbooks.

So you can see, I have quite a list for completion today LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My second son would like to take up drums, but I've told him the answer is "no" so long as our landlord lives next-door.

Kate

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I think Jack would be a great drummer--and fortunately we have a detached garage in which to put drums, should he ever get them. But starting with a drum pad sounds like a great idea.

I'm amazed at how little I get done even when I have a good stretch of time to work with. On my "days off" I always have big plans and only accomplish one or two things. One of these days I'll stop planning so much ...

Congrats on the award! I think you deserve it.

See you next week--

Frances