Wednesday 3 June 2009

More Kitchen Successes


This morning in quite a miraculous fashion, I managed to get a little pot of pumpkin soup prepared before heading off to school ~ just enough for two serves. I had a couple of extra things I wanted to do for my Year 7 student to aid an assignment he has due tomorrow so I decided to stay for the day. I took my own study with me so my time would not be wasted frivolously once I'd finished what I intended to do.

My recipe for pumpkin soup is incredibly simple ~ chopped onion, a clove or two of garlic crushed, chopped & peeled pumpkin all boiled together in chicken stock that only just barely covers the pumpkin. I had that with a couple of pieces of rye bread spread with butter.

Miss Sunshine suggested she'd like to make some muffins tonight, so we'll see how she goes with the finishing touches to her project "My Book About Me".

I've instituted the new dishwashing routine and I am loving it. Mr Busy is well able to deal with his portion of the dishwasher and having the girls help me with the hand-washing is almost as good as someone doing the whole lot for me! My kitchen is clean at the end of each day and I feel like I've barely done anything to make it happen. I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before.

* * * * * * * * * *

Things are slowly coming together for my start with the new student in a couple of weeks. I had asked to keep Monday's as my day off...but on reflection I thought maybe Friday might work just as well. It seems the Head of Primary is of the same opinion, so maybe that might end up being the case after all. In the grand scheme of things I don't suppose it really matters. I just feel like a day off attached to a weekend would serve my frame of mind the best.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Tracy
Thanks you for the reminder - I have a pumpkin and also some chicken stock waiting to be used. Soup sounds the perfect way to use it. I suspect the small amount of liquid would make it very thick - is that true?
Take care
Cathy

Tracy said...

It's the perfect consistency Cathy. I like it reasonably thick and with as little liquid as possible that works.

Adding an equivalent amount of sweet potato adds some thickness and a beautiful flavour too.