Friday 27 March 2009

Thank You

If I start out on how my week has gone, this week, you'll all think me nothing more than a whiner who needs to 'get over it'. So I won't start. Suffice it to say that it's been a tough week for me on many fronts. My friend Jodie copped the tears this morning.

I was feeling a little tender anyway and during the course of conversation about Missionary Kids (of which, I am one) a fellow MK mentioned a speaker she'd heard of, who was told he was ruining a parents opportunity to sacrifice his children to the work of the church. I kinda lost it. I've been in a position where a the leader of a para church organisation pushed me to find someone else to care for my very unwell daughter so I could attend class and fulfill my leadership obligations. So I guess it struck a still-raw nerve. My kids aren't up for sacrificing....other things get sacrificed but not my kids. They're too important. Their lives, their very souls are too important. If I don't care for those that God has given me, how on earth could He possibly trust any other unsuspecting soul to my care? Anyway, that was the culmination of the week that this one has been.

The purpose for this post was to say THANK YOU to each one of you who pop in here regularly to read my ramblings and for the encouragement that you give. You can't begin to imagine how much that means on days like today.

*************

I finally received my work books arrived today. I can't wait to get started....although I'm feeling quite apprehensive at the same time. It's been over 20 years since I studied and the idea of measuring up to a set standard that I've yet to understand is a little unsettling. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I've done distance ed. before. Just not at this level....and at this age LOL.

*************

Meanwhile the children are bickering as they eat their afternoon snack. I'm thinking some play time in the jungle (aka the back yard of unmown lawn) is looking like a good option. They might get lost out there and I might have a little 'piece of quiet', as Mr Busy used to say.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Sending BIG HUGS your way Tracy!!! I'm sure I would have lost it too! That will always strike a raw nerve with us. The sad part is that some people think they are really doing the right thing "sacrificing" their children. I do not agree. God gave us our children for a different reason.... like you said, they and their souls, entrusted to us....
Go give them a big hug :)
lv,
Joy

Kez said...

{{HUGE HUGS}}. Hope you're feeling better by now.

The Tin House said...

Tracy, I'm not sure what being a MK means, but I gather it's about someone else telling you how to parent, and in a way that puts your children second. What a guilt trip!!! Not nice at all.

distant hugs.

Lisa x

Tracy said...

Lisa, MK = Missionary Kid.

Quite often missionaries are in quite remote places with no education available to them so they do have to make pretty big decisions about how they do that. I was fortunate. We lived in a town with schools so we never had to deal with this.

Yep, someone telling me to put my kid aside for their idea of what is more important didn't go over well with me and I refused.

Jodie said...

You're such a sweetheart Tracy, I really enjoy our friendship and your ramblings!!I've tried following blogs before but always got bored. I just love yours and I am always excited when I see a new entry!!

Tracy said...

Thank you Jodie, I enjoy our friendship too. One of the things I don't like about school holidays is missing out on our regular Friday morning chats.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Hi, Tracy--

This is a very late comment on this post. First, I hope all is well now, and that this week was better than last!

Secondly, I just want to say that although we've never met in person, I feel like we've become friends through our blogs, and your presence in my life has really made a difference. I really have appreciated your support and good humor in the year since we "met." So thank you, my dear!

frances

Tracy said...

Thank you Frances, yes my week has been much improved on the last one.

I feel exactly the same about our friendship. You make me laugh and I love that we can pop in and out of each other's day on a whim and make a difference.