Tuesday 31 March 2009

So Far So Good

A friend asked me this afternoon how my week has been so far. Well, Tuesday is a funny day for me. It's kind of like everyone else's Monday. I wake up every Tuesday in a bit of a brain fog, wondering what day it is, what did I do yesterday, what am I meant to be doing today etc etc. It only happens on Tuesday's. That's because Monday's are a little slice of pure paradise.

Yesterday I cleaned. Yep. I've decided I must make myself do that regular weekly clean, like a good Fly Baby. I love how I feel about my home when it's done. I just don't like the idea of getting started. So while the floors were drying I watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie". Because after all, I worked hard! Then I sat down to some study.

It's been a bit of a day for my girls though. The Year 7's had immunisations. Miss Sunshine doesn't like needles much. I checked in on her at the start of recess and she was doing fine. Miss Mischief got bitten by the class rabbit. It's been traumatised by a fox and he took his fear out on her. My how she bled! The first aid room floor was a mess but she's fine. I've checked that her tetanus immunisation is current and I'll have another look at the wound shortly. Poor baby, it gave her such a fright.

After I finished at school I had a beautiful lunch with a friend. She made roasted mushrooms with walnuts & ricotta with roasted tomato & capsicum and soft polenta. Ohhh those mushrooms were good!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, the poor girls!! Bite and needles are no fun at all. Elizabeth is terrible with needles...!! She used to scream so loud all the people in the waiting room looked very worried!
And what a good idea to watch Little House while your floor dries :) Must try that!
Have a great week!
lv,
Joy

Tracy said...

Elizabeth and Miss Sunshine are fellow peas in a pod I think. She's complaining of being a little off-colour now, but I think it is just the injection and being too tired.

The Tin House said...

...which just goes to prove my theory about rabbits!!!!

Lisa xx

p.s. I love reading about other people who are reluctant housekeepers - you know what I mean - it's so lovely when it's done but the 'doing' can be a bit daunting.

p.p.s. The nurse at the hospital today had to do a pin prick blood sugar test on my baby. He was absolutely unphased by it...just so long as she stayed out of his viewing area for the Wiggles on the little tv.

Tracy said...

Yeah, that rabbit isn't coming to stay at our place over the holidays, that's for sure.

There is nothing more important than the Wiggles, after all! Mr Busy was distracted by bubbles at 12mo. He didn't bat an eyelid.