Saturday 14 March 2009

Saturday Happenings

Stitching Pleasures

Saturday's at home are a wonderful respite in the midst of my happily busy weeks. This morning in Our Town we had a little quilt show on, so Miss Mischief and I took ourselves off to have a little look. While we were there we were inspired by little snippets of fabric that sang to us and demanded we bring them home and use them for some fun little creation.

No trip up the street is complete without a little wander through the Op Shops. I was not disappointed when I came across these four little bread and butter plates for my growing collection. The woman in the shop asked "you're not going to break them up are you?". I was horrified when she explained that people use them to tile table tops with broken plate pieces. Nooooo....these will be used and enjoyed for their true purpose! The pink ones are my favourite.

And of course in centre stage is my most recently completed cottage garden stitchery.

This afternoon is feeling like a reading and baking afternoon, I think.

No comments: