Monday 10 March 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Craig's Hut ~ The Snowy Mountains

We had a fabulous weekend. We were able to catch up with almost an entire family that my dh and I had grown up with in our childhood church, plus their various mutual friends. We spend a lot of time with the youngest son and his family, as they are my age, and our children are within months of each other. We have a long shared history and enjoy the time we spend together now as adults.

There were 20 children between us all, aged from 14yo to toddlers. They all played fabulously together, and of course, Mr Busy made friends with kids from other tents! The girls enjoyed the opportunity to test their new tent out for real and enjoyed themselves immensely.

The weather was perfect for camping. Sunny, warm, cool evenings to revive us. We enjoyed bbq's and salad sandwiches...and lots of homemade goodies! The children enjoyed the beach ~ I managed to avoid it. I don't enjoy the beach so much so I was happy to take the time to have a little nap each afternoon ;-)

It's nice to be home. I'm going to enjoy sleeping in my own bed, and having my own bathroom just three steps away!

Tomorrow I will post my menu. It needs tweaking to suit the 30-35C days predicted for the rest of the week. It was 39C today...and I felt every degree of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! It's such a blessing to hear of generations of friendship!

39C??? Arghhh! I would just die! Its 1c here today! lol!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend. What a blessing to have great friends.

Tracy said...

Don't worry Tina, we're nearly dying too. My little 5yo friend and I decided, yesterday, that we should go and live and the south pole together. He wasn't enjoying the heat either.

We have some respite today and then it'll be hot through to the weekend :(

Joy McD said...

Hello Tracy :) Found your blog :) We did have a wonderful weekend, didn't we?! Glad it wasn't as hot as the next few days are going to be... and it is always good to be home again, doing the washing, cleaning,etc, etc, etc! LOL!

lv,

Joy

http://ajoyfulkeeper.com/my-blog/