Sunday 23 March 2008

Resurrection Sunday

Picture from art.com

I love this picture. I read about the resurrection from John's Gospel this morning. Actually, I read all four, but I love John's the most. I love the interaction between Jesus and Mary.

Our children woke up this morning to a small selection of eggs, set at their places on our kitchen table. Mr Busy declared that he loves Easter Sunday. Interestingly, not because of the chocolate, but because Jesus rose again.

We had a wonderful service this morning at church. After Mr Busy's effort of Friday, he had a major attitude shift. I praised and thanked him afterwards for his wonderful behaviour and noted that I had seen him singing heartily.

We are going to enjoy a fine evening meal of roast lamb, roasted vegies, honey carrots, broccoli & cauliflower and then finish off with a chocolate tart served with ice cream. My FIL and his wife will join us for dinner. My piece of lamb was large enough to be able to invite them and it's been some time since we've had them up for a meal. We're looking forward to celebrating this meal with them.

I'm off to ready our home for guests and set the table.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your family. We are snowed in today and can't get to church so it's going to be a quiet day all round.

Love, Tina :)

Tracy said...

HE IS RISEN!!!!

Happy Resurrection Day!

And because inquiring minds want to know here's the menu! ;0)

Baked ham
scalloped potatoes
glazed carrots
pear salad
deviled eggs
black olives
orange punch
lemon fluff for dessert

Tracy said...

Ooooohhhh YUM Tracy. Your menu looks absolutely divine! Thanks for sharing it with me.