Thursday 6 March 2008

On Being at Home

Today I am feeling incredibly blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home-mum. This has always been my 'dream job'. I've never taken it for granted, and yet it is good to be reminded to truly appreciate it.

We don't have lots of things. We'll not be able to eat out whenever we want or even give our children music lessons in the foreseeable future. Wardrobes full of brand new, never-been-worn clothes are something we may long dream about. Expensive holidays in exotic locations are but a fantasy. But we have everything we need, and a number of wants besides. Would I swap my long list of what we don't have for what I do have? Not in a million years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that you can recognise your blessings and appreciate them. I think a lot of people who are living the 'high' life, are searching for their happiness in things and will never be satisfied.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for inspiring me to write today's post...I feel just the same as you.

Love, Tina :)

Tammy said...

Thanks for the reminder Tracy! I feel the same way you do, I'm so blessed to be a SAHM!

The Tin House said...

Tracy - you and me both! All power to the stay at home Mums and Dads of this world. It's a really important job and it's a really challenging job but oh so worth it. Forget about all those goodies in life you can't afford. There are so many people who get stuff as an antidote to an unhappy life. At least in our situation, you get to bypass this expensive therapy!! Lisa x

Jenny said...

well said, I feel just the same.