Monday 17 March 2008

Monday's Menu Plan

Picture from art.com by Keith Thompson

I'm finding menu planning just a little bit tricky at the moment. I had it all planned, and then the weather went wacky. We ate out a couple of nights last week due to a couple of things happening unexpectedly. Don't you just hate that! This week, the weather is meant to cool considerably from tomorrow and my parents will be here for two nights so that Dad can do some work with the MAF plane based not far from here.

So, here's this week's plan:

Monday: That's today....not sure yet :(
Tuesday: Chow Mein (Asian style...not the Aussie version ~ blech)
Wednesday: Honey Soy Chicken, brown rice, stir fried vegies
Thursday: Zucchini Quiche, salad, wedges
Friday: Baked Herb Ricotta with salad and something starchy...maybe dinner rolls?
Saturday: Homemade Pizzas
Sunday: Lamb ~ either roast or chops, accompaniments will depend on which one I do!

I'll be making hot cross buns on Friday and we'll have a chocolate tart for dessert on Sunday. I also have a long baking list of things I'd like to have made over this week to pop into the freezer. Corn flake bikkies, sour cream choc chip muffins, rhubarb muffins etc etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The menu sounds yum. It's good to be flexible especially in this heat. I made the Herb ricotta fritters last week and they were really nice and filling.

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you like them. They've become one of my favourite savoury ricotta recipes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, your menu looks great. If this heat doesn't break my lot will be eating weetbix for tea (with blancmange for dessert, LOL).

Do you think you could share your recipe for baked herb ricotta. It sounds delish.

Stay cool,

Kate

Tracy said...

Sure Kate. Here it is:

Baked Herb Ricotta

1kg ricotta cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten
olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh thyme

Mix ricotta and eggs well and press into a greased 20cm round pan (or patty pans for single serves). Sprinkle with thyme and olive oil. Place pan on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes at 180C.

The first time I had this, my friend had put the zest of 1 lemon in it and it was absolutely divine. I'd probably see how it went in a springform tin, for ease of removal.