Sunday 2 March 2008

40th Anniversary

Picture by Kim Klassen from art.com

I have just returned from a family trip to stay with my parents for the weekend. It just so happened that today is their 40th Wedding Anniversary.

My youngest brother's family and my family both spent the entire weekend with Mum & Dad at their home near Ballarat. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. My brother's daughter is nearly 2yo, so my children thought that was just wonderful...someone to fuss over! My girls slept in their new 3 man tent in the backyard and were kept awake (apparently!) by the noisy sheep!!! So much so that Miss Mischief had a snooze on the couch with her Daddy this arvo after a picnic lunch at the park. She never sleeps in the afternoon, usually! It was a really enjoyable weekend relaxing together and enjoying the opportunity to share a home again, even though our family has expanded somewhat since we last lived under the one roof!

My middle brother came up for the day today with their little nearly-2yo son, so we had the opportunity to spend some time with them too. Enjoying the sunshine and laughter and educating my newest SIL with things that my brother seems to have forgotten about his childhood! Like the fact that we'd lived in Ballarat for 7 weeks before heading off to PNG, late in 1979.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! It's so nice to read about picnics and tents and sunshiney things! Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad!

Love, Tina :)

Just Me said...

Wow - 40 years! What an accomplishment! My husband and I have been married for 21 years and will hopefully celebrate our 40th as well. God bless your parents!