Tuesday 25 March 2008

Monday's Menu Plan...a day late again!

My Menu Plan ~ posted on the fridge

I really am a bit all over the place aren't I?! I kept thinking yesterday was Sunday, seeing as how it was a public holiday and dh was home!

My grand plans of baking were thwarted. I got the choc chip muffins baked and the rhubarb chopped and then Dh informed me he had invited some friends for dinner. PANIC!!! LOL. They ended up bringing some leftovers they had and I zipped up to buy a wombuk cabbage to make an Asian salad to go with what I had planned. It turned out wonderfully!

My plan for this week is as follows:

Monday: Zucchini Quiche, jacket potatoes, salads
Tuesday: Honey Mustard Chicken Scallopine, scallop potatoes, steamed vegies
Wednesday: Spinach & Feta Pie, vegies
Thursday: Sweet Apple Pork Chops (CP), mashed potatoes, carrots, beans
Friday: Meatloaf, steamed vegies
Saturday: Baked Potatoes, coleslaw, bacon, corn, sour cream & avocado toppings
Sunday: Will be with Mum, in Ballarat

I have to pass on the Asian Salad, even though I can't share a picture ~ it goes VERY fast!!!

1/2 wombuk (Chinese) cabbage (or you can use savoy cabbage)
6 spring onions
1 packet, Changs fried noodles
100g pinenuts, toasted
Dressing:
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 white sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
olive oil

Finely shred the cabbage and finely slice the spring onions and place in a large salad bowl.
Combine with the packet of noodles and the pinenuts.
Pour over the dressing and mix well.
Serve.
To make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Cool.

The recipe says to use about 1/2 cup of oil as well but it's just too much. I usually just add a small slosh and that is plenty.

Here is a picture of the noodle packet


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Asian noodle/cabbage salad. I have made it with red cabbage and it looks great. After reading your post yesterday, I got busy in the kitchen and baked a few things. So even if you didn't get all your baking done, you helped inspire me.

Tracy said...

I'm glad one of us was inspired Tracy!!!!

I plan to get some baking done over the coming few days whilst we have no other plans and the kids are on holidays. With dh back at work we have nothing spontaneous happening either!