You know, I could write a great lengthy post about parental responsibility and how that relates to education. Goodness knows many bloggers have very strong opinions on the subject. I'm no different. My opinions just don't match up completely with many others LOL.
Rather than do that, I want to list all the blessings I receive by being hands-on at school, in my kids classrooms:
* I get to know my children's friends.
* We have an intimate understanding of where my kids are at, without needing reports or interviews.
* I have developed friendships with each staff member I have worked with, outside of being in their classroom. I have continued to help them out beyond having my kids in their classes on different occasions.
* My children know I'm serious about their education.
* We're able to deal with any issue (social and educational) as it arises, because we know about it early.
* We work together with our teachers to deal with difficult issues, rather than working separately. Our kids have received a well-rounded and supportive approach that has helped them immensely.
* Our teachers know that they are supported by us because of our actions, not just our words.
* Often, our teachers are able to focus on the task of teaching more fully, because I have been able to take on some admin type tasks for them.
My last blessing to mention is one that happened today! Miss Sunshine's teacher and her class had made a card for me, and gave me a little packet of dark chocolate (mmmmmmm...my favourite) to say thank you for the time I spent this term, with them. I will cherish that card long after the chocolate is gone! They are all so very special and I am indeed the one who has gained so very much. It is a true privilege to be made to feel that I am part of the class!