Friday 1 August 2008

Updates from BMPF

My days have spiraled into being quite hectic! So my slacker post for today is updating on the bits and bobs from this week.

I finished 'What Lies Within' on Wednesday. A solid day of just reading saw it finished by end of school time. I laughed and cried all the way through. I promise I'll post a review tomorrow after our conference call with Karen Ball, at bookclub tonight.

The tree is still hanging over the fence. The neighbour popped in and said he had someone coming to remove it ~ don't know when. He'll look at getting the fence repaired when he returns from his holiday (lucky man!). He mentioned that insurance would only pay half, which doesn't make sense, given that the tree was on his property. Anyway, I'm sure that will all get sorted out in time.

The Year 5 & 6's did their Operation Egg Drop yesterday and the teachers asked if I'd like to come and see. So I did. The aim was to invent a contraption that would allow an egg to be dropped from a height without the egg breaking. There was one outstanding one where it just fluttered gently to the ground. Everyone else's basically thumped, but with good padding all but one egg survived. Wouldn't you know it, that was Miss Sunshine's! Her partners had compacted the padding to the point of uselessness. Miss Mischief's turned over and landed on the box that held the egg ~ even it survived the crash LOL.

I've finished another little cottage garden embroidery ~ will post a pic of it soon. It's very cute and I have a home picked out for it. A good friend was taken with the picture in the book, so I know she'll love it in real life.

The left over roast pork meal was a success. I'm not a fan of reheated roasts (apart from chicken), so it was a risk. But it turned out beautifully ~ even for Mr Busy who is not a huge fan of Chinese food!

There you have it. Little bits of nothingness from Beyond My Picket Fence. I'm off to play in the art room for most of today with the Year 5 & 6's. They'll be using a sewing machine and their art teacher was finding it an insurmountable challenge to supervise that as well as the rest of the class. I think I'll take my knitting with me!

3 comments:

Rel said...

I take it you enjoyed the book??!! Although you are famous for your tissue ratings!

Tracy said...

Loved it ~ but I have loved the first two in the series too. So I knew I would.

Yeah tissues....the end was the only time I actually needed tissues though.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I hope your neighbor will pay the half the insurance doesn't pay. My brother had a neighbor's tree fall in his yard a couple of year's ago and the insurance was a bit of a mess--not logical at all.

Hope you had fun playing in the art room!