Monday 1 July 2013

Holidays and New Starts

Miss Sunshine's holiday homework in progress

Finally.  I have a whole two weeks without Uni and without work.  I can tell you I was just a little bit excited on Friday as that's the day holidays began for me.  The girls, unfortunately, have holiday homework but some of it isn't such a chore.  Miss Sunshine is using acrylic on fabric for this piece and decided the window was the best place to work on it.  I think she's a pretty good artist. 

Us girls began the holidays with a day out to celebrate Miss Sunshine's birthday from back in May.  We took my sister-in-law and had breakfast at a local tea house and then drove in to the city to see the Hollywood Costume exhibition at the Australian Centre for Moving Images (ACMI).


And because we're on holidays and it's cold and miserable outside I've decided to tackle some diet and health goals.  I watched 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' on You Tube the other day and was inspired and challenged in equal portions to include more fruit and vegetables in my diet. Not as juices though - I need to chew!  Despite all my best intentions to the contrary unhelpful things have attempted to become habits in my end-of-term weary mindedness.  A friend of mine recently told me about a 7 Day Diet she's been using and while I think it's a little bit faddish there's nothing wrong with using it as a guide to eating more fruit and vegies before reaching for crackers or bread.....or chocolate.  Or jelly bellies.

 
So here's to a colourful, restful week in the midst of a grey old wintery week.  One in which we will have a bit of a 4th of July celebration.  Because it's the 3-year anniversary of our trip to the US where we had oh so much fun!
 
What do you do to celebrate the 4th of July?

No comments: