Wednesday 3 July 2013

Kitchen Toys....errrr....Tools

Yesterday Miss Mischief finally got her long-begged for haircut.  Such as it was.  You know....just barely trim off what is needed to get rid of the dry split ends and a general tidy up.  She opted not to go for a thinning out this time - too much frizz. 

While we were down in the 'burbs we stepped in to 'House' to see what was on offer with such amazing sales being advertised.  And pictured above is what I walked away with.  I now have six little oven-proof ramekins.  Something I've wanted for a very, very long time and have always balked at the price.  These were about half what I expected they would be so I snapped them up.  I'll have to keep checking back for another six.  Because when you have friends over for dinner and they have children you're going to need more than 6!!!

I wonder what should be made in them first.  My gut reaction is gooey chocolate pots.  My healthy, more measured response is mango mousse.

I've been indulging in some Nigella viewing in the past day.  Who knows what will turn up in these cute little pots.

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Mini lemon delicious puddings would work well too.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I've always wanted ramekins, but never find them on sale when I think to look for them. I agree with Joolz--lemon puddings sound wonderful!

xofrances