Tuesday 23 March 2010

Recipe: Honey Joys

image: kellogs.com.au Looks just like mine, including white patty pans!

I realised the other day that it's perhaps quite some time since I posted a recipe. I thought I'd go with the theme "Quick". I needed something that is quick to make on Monday morning to fill lunch boxes. I was kind of thinking a quick recipe to type would be just the thing for a short study break, so you see, "Quick" really is the theme for the day. Particularly when I feel the need to counteract some rather lengthy events! Today's Primary section meeting was anything but quick. And my assessment projects for each subject are also nowhere close to quick. Rather, they are a protracted and involved process especially, in this case, when I need to bury my head in a piece of legislation that is relevant to the education sector. Remind me what I was thinking when I enrolled?

Truth be told, I can't believe I've never posted this recipe. It is a faithful stand-by for last minute occurences of Mum-I-need-to-take-something-to-share. Or as in my case the other day, you just need a tasty lunch box snack. This was always Mr Busy's request for class party contributions, because there was a little girl in his class who adored them. That child left the school but Mr Busy continues to ask for these.

Honey Joys

100g butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon honey
4 cups cornflakes
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
  2. Line muffin tin with patty pan papers.
  3. Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan and melt on a low heat until the ingredients are well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
  4. Place the cornflakes in a large bowl and pour the melted butter and honey mixture in. Stir until well combined.
  5. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Rel said...

LOVE Honey Joys - they are always welcome at our place :)

Tracy said...

LOL, I must remember that!! Your chocolate spiders sounded pretty good though.