Tuesday 15 September 2009

The End of the Tunnel

At the end of last week I received my last pre-information package from College, and ordered my Learner Guides. Yesterday afternoon I received my fee invoice. I have but four subjects left to go and them I am DONE! Oh I am looking forward to taking one responsibility off my plate.

But then I looked at the Diploma in Education Support (the new name) subjects the other day. Hmmmm...I dunno. There appears to me, to be a vast chasm between a Certificate 3 and a Diploma! However, if at some time in the future I decided I wanted to get a degree I'd need the Diploma first.

I am sensing a light at the end of the tunnel for the term as well. It's been a long and full-on term. I feel like I've taken in more of what my professional role is, and gotten a bit more comfortable with who I am as a working mother, as oppossed to working just one day and still feeling very much like a SAHM. It's taken a bit of mental work to get to feeling comfortable with it all, given I'd never really made plans to return to work.

* * * * * * * * * *

I had a funny start to the morning. No he's not here...yes he is... and by recess....oh, nope, he's going home again. There are about 4 other Prep's complaining of similar symptoms that had my student returned home. *sigh*

Last Thursday, neither of my two students were at school!

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Hi, Tracy--I've nominated you for an award. Come over and see!

And congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I think about you a lot when I'm setting out on my morning walk, how hard this transition must have been for you (it would have been for me), but you seem to be doing a great job. Proud of you!

frances

Tracy said...

Thank you Frances! The transition to 'working mum' has been fairly smooth in many ways, because I'd always spent fair chunks of time at school as a parent helper, anyway. The difficulties come with balancing workplace entitlements with student needs. I don't suppose that would be any easier even if I didn't have children thought.