Friday 4 September 2009

Bright Copper Kettles


Remember that song from 'Sound of Music' about favourite things? This morning, rather than twirling around in my mind all those things that concern me, I've been pondering the things that have given me joy this week. A much better use of early morning insomnia, don't you think!
  • A surprise thank you note and 3 Lindt chocolate balls from MrsB.
  • An SMS telling me our 'girls' weekend away is a goer!!!!!
  • Finding the perfect little thing for my secret prayer buddy at school.
  • Having someone joyfully cover my lunch time release yesterday when I was trying to resign myself to missing out on it.
  • Lunch with a friend, just because.

3 comments:

Rel said...

Trying to focus on the positive seems to be a theme I am running into a lot lately - think Someone is trying to tell me something?

I was thrilled to be able to send the sms ;-)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

This will be a good exercise for me to do on these mornings when I feel rushed and hectic and just want to go back to bed!

What's an sms?

frances

Tracy said...

I think so Rel. I seem to be having my attitude to things challenged a lot right now too. I don't feel very successful 99% of the time!

Frances, SMS = short message system. It's just a text message sent to and from mobile phones. But no one in Australia is going to say or write 'text message' when it can be shortened to 3 letters!!!!!