Golden Sausage Casserole
1 onion, chopped or sliced
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons worcestershir sauce
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 cups boiling water
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil th sausages, cool, and skin. Chop into 2cm chuncks and place in casserole dish with onion.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add wet, except for water and mix into a paste.
- Slowly add boiling water, stirring to ensure no lumps form.
- Pour over sasuages and bake for an hour (180C/350F)
- Add apple or mushroom. Omit worcestershire sauce and add 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- Add vegetables to original recipe: beans, carrots, celery or parsnip.