Tuesday 28 June 2011

In the Deep End

This week I'm spending my time in the Prep-2 classroom.  Talk about being thrown in at the deep end.  Well, perhaps that was just all the flurry of "this is what we're doing this week and you can....." that came at me first thing! Last week was definitely a walk in the park, in comparison.

The colleague teacher I'm with now has had four student teachers in the last year so she knows what she's doing, even if I'm unsure.  Today I'll do some follow up work with a reading group, talking about nouns, and teach an art lesson focusing on cutting skills....because little people don't always 'just know'.  I also need to get my head around an integrated gardening/outer space lesson about astronauts and healthy food.  ARGH!  While most of the class is off at swimming I will get a little bit of time to do some more thinking about that, and hopefully come up with a solid plan.

As much as I'm loving what I'm doing, I can't wait til Friday which brings the end of the term.

1 comment:

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Ditto to that, the males in my household are cracking up and I am ready to be just a Mum again!

Hope your flock is coping xxx