Saturday 11 June 2011

Prohpetic Thursday?

This image was taken last December as we prepared for summer holidays.  It serves my purpose today, because the chocolate biscuits on the top of that pile are the ones I made on Thursday.  I was forced to take a quiet day at home.  Miss Sunshine woke up with an upset tummy, so I had her company for the day.  I spent the morning working on some details for my professional experience placement and then decided to bake.

I had time!

I had no milk, so biscuits it was.  And because Thursday night is grocery shopping time, I had only a small amount of butter left.  Sadly there was only one batch possible.  The kids were not complaining!!

So what do you think?  Since we have a long weekend here now, do you think perhaps Thursday's single batch of bikkies might be prediction of what is possible?  I'd like to think so.  Sometime, over the next three days!

---ooooo---

In the meantime, my brother moved house yesterday and is now a mere 15 minutes from me (I timed the drive home last night!).  I'm very excited.  It will be nice to have them closer than they were.  I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time with them - between my busy schedule and theirs!  Travelling time is always a factor when you live out of the way...but now they're out of the way too!  I'm also looking forward to being more involved in their girls' lives.  They're gorgeous little things, although not so much at the end of moving day!  I had to peel the oldest one of her younger sister when she just wasn't coping with the idea that her sister dared to be alive, let alone in her space.  Moving day is tough on little people!  Big people too, but we aren't usually found atop a sibling and attempting to beat them to a pulp.

Mr Busy was funny on Thursday evening.  He had things all planned out and outlined his idea for his Dad.  "Well Dad, I think I need to take a day off school to help Uncle P move house, because he needs my help.  It's OK, you can just write a note for my teacher and it will be fine".  The funny thing is that Mr Busy would work just as hard as any man, and for just as long.  I know.  I've seen him do this as a 4yo when we were moving house.  So whilst his help would have been a good thing, we decided his education was more important.  He was able to indulge his uncle with all that boyish energy after school.  And work he did....injury and all.  He's amazing.

No comments: