Thursday 14 April 2011

It's Like Brand New

It is done.  Finally.  I spent a few days procrastinating.  If one can call studying procrastinating.  I'm sure I hear stories about people doing housework to avoid the study.  Not me!  My oven, however, is finally clean. 
And because Frances things her oven is worse, can I say it took a couple of goes?  Yup.  It was bad.

And now it's not.  Now it's shiny.

If your oven is scaring you, can I suggest you tackle the thing head on and clean it?  It's amazing how good you'll feel, even if noone else in your family appreciates it!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

You just reminded me that I have been intending to clean my oven since Monday. I will clean it today. Thanks for the reminder. =)

Tracy said...

No worries!

Joolz said...

Here's a tip - soak your metal oven racks (for about 1 hour)in a laundry tub with Napisan/Sard in hot water. All the baked on splatters just scrub off really easily.

Cheers - Joolz

debbie bailey said...

My mama used to clean my oven once a year when she came for Thanksgiving. She hasn't come in several years. Guess what my oven looks like? Yeah...it's time.

Tracy said...

Joolz: I'll have to remember that for next time.

Debbie: Yeah...it's time. I promise you'll like the result though!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

My oven is terrible, as always. It's such a horrible oven, I don't even know what the point of cleaning it is. But maybe I should? Just this once? Okay, I'll think about it ...

xofrances