Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday Family Time

Our Good Friday has, thus far, been quiet.  Cool, rainy.  I was up early making hot cross buns.  Five bored children eagerly spent two hours completing my design challenge in order for me to write a 2500 word essay.  Their jaws dropped when I told them the task was only half done when they were finished.

In the midst of creating and eating we had a conversation about why we have hot cross buns on Friday and easter eggs on Sunday.

And then they asked "what about Saturday?".  Indeed!  My friend suggested they should all stay in bed all day tomorrow, given that Jesus was in the tomb then.  After all, is Easter weekend not full of symbols that remind us of the events around Jesus' death and ressurrection?  Then surely children should remain in their beds.  Quiet.  Without arguments and disagreements.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Ah, spending Saturday in bed, resting. Sounds good to me!

Happy Easter, Tracy!

xofrances