Monday 15 November 2010

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 15 November


What a whirlwind of a weekend, mostly spent in the kitchen.  Dessert to go out with us on Friday evening. Cake and bikkies for afternoon tea on Saturday.  A Sunday lunch for guests.  It almost seems lazy to have a roast chicken in the oven after all of that!  Regardless, amongst all that food was some great fun with friends and family.  And now plans are afoot, according to a 10yo friend who is coming to stay in a couple of weeks.  She sidled up to me this morning with "What are we having to eat while I'm at your house?".  I think the question is better asked by me...."What would you like to eat?"!  So far a roast pork has been requested.  I'm sure she'll come up with more as time goes by.  And so it seems my cooking slump has ended, more by force than by natural inclination I suspect.

This week at our table you might find the following:

Monday:  Roast chicken, vegies...perhaps even a dessert!
Tuesday:  Quiche, vegies or salad
Wednesday:  Meatloaf, vegies (we'll again to make this one happen!)
Thursday:  My SIL's tomato & bacon pasta
Friday:  Ricotta fritters, salad, potatoes
Saturday:  Teriyaki chicken, rice
Sunday:  Soup, sausage rolls

One thing our recently-returned nephews and niece adore is to be treated to party pies and sausage rolls.  Something not found easily in the US, but certainly a favourite party food on this side of the world.  I much prefer homemade sausage rolls.  I might have to trek my way to a Coles store to see if I can find the gluten free pastry (frozen) that I have heard tales about.

One of my greatest discoveries this weekend?  Costco in Australia has Cashew Clusters available.  When we popped in on Dh's brother yesterday he handed me the pack and encouraged me to take a decent handful of these little delights.  Oh what a treat!  I am thinking a Costco membership might be worth it, now that I know they're available.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Bikkies? Hmmm ... you'll have to explain that one to me!

Homemade sausage rolls sound divine!

xofrances

Tracy said...

bikkies = biscuits. Aussie slang.

But our biscuits are your cookies. What we call scones are what you call biscuits. Very confusing. You guys should just use the terms we do and then it would be easy ;o)